Welcome to your Integrated Master’s Degree Program!
Congratulations! You’re going to earn your degree and master Organ-Mind-Brain Anatomy, Root-Cause Health Analysis & Health Coaching and Lifestyle Medicine protocols. Enjoy. 😊
Please read the study path instructions below carefully.
Before you dive into your course self-study we suggest to complete the following important setup steps.
Click each link (a new tab will open). Complete the step, return to this page and click the next link.
- Update all your profile fields, profile & cover image.
- Post a welcome message to our community.
- Select and commit to your personal weekly study habit.
- Learn how to navigate the Student Portal
- READ the below study path and timeline carefully. After you know the “big picture” we suggest is to take small micro-steps and focus on one course at a time (completing lessons, topics & quizzes in order).
Questions? Send a private message.
Lifestyle Prescriptions® University is unique because we believe that Organ-Mind-Brain Anatomy, Root-Cause Analysis & Health Coaching skills, as exclusively taught at LPU, are absolutely essential to radically improve your knowledge, skills & client health outcomes.
FIRST, start with your Master’s Degree Self-Study Courses and complete lessons, topics & quizzes on your own time:
- 101 LPHC-SUCCES University Success Skills
- 102 LPHC-LIMED1 Lifestyle Medicine I – The Science ❤
- 103 LPHC-HCCCOM Health Coaching Core Competencies
- 104 LPHC-SELFHE The Art and Science of Self-Healing ❤
- 105 LPHC-ROOTA1 10-Step Root-Cause Analysis Process I ❤
- 106 LPHC-OMBAN1 Organ-Mind-Brain Anatomy I (Charts) ❤
- 107 LPHC-QHABIT Quantum Habits for Peak Performance ❤
Second, after you’ve completed the above courses contact us to discuss the next steps including practicums.
- IMPORTANT: Use study groups to post questions & comments (which is an essential part of learning).
Because every student starts at a different level you may request a:
- Course Competency Review: If you have completed an M.A. degree previously or if you have completed one or more M.A. courses in the past (at another university or school) and you can demonstrate competency in knowledge & skills then you may request a competency review.
- Once approved you can complete only the final course exam to show competency without the need to complete all course lessons & assignments.
- Request a Competency Review
❤ Courses are mandatory and must be completed even with maximum course credits applied.
After you’ve completed the M.A. Self-Study Courses 101-111 you’re prepared and ready to join the PRACTICUM 1- LIVE CLASSES.
The 2 Live Class Practicums include:
- PRAC1-RCA – Root-Cause Analysis & Organ-Mind-Brain Anatomy (3-Months | 12 Live Classes)
- PRAC1-LPHC – Root-Cause Health Coaching Techniques & Skills (3-Months | 12 Live Classes)
We suggest to take the classes in order.
If you believe you’re ready to attend the live classes before you’ve completing the courses 101-111 send us a short email with the proposed Practicum ID, date and why you feel you’re ready for the practicum.
Excellent. At this point you’ve taken already huge steps forward. You’ve completed the self-study courses & practicum 101-112.
Now, you deepen your skills with these advanced specialist courses:
- 201 LPHCS-OMBAN2 Organ-Mind-Brain Anatomy II (Directory) ❤
- 202 LPHCS-LPMENT Organ-Mind-Brain Anatomy for Mental & Behavioral Health
- 203 LPHCS-FITWEL Lifetime Fitness and Wellness
- 204 LPHCS-NUT101 Nutrition 101 Fundamentals
- 205 LPHCS-LIMED2 Lifestyle Medicine II – Food, Exercise, Stress, Sleep ❤
- 206 LPHCS-LPAUTO Lifestyle Prescriptions® for Autoimmune Disorders
- 207 LPHCS-FMLABS Functional Medicine Lab & Analysis
❤ Courses are mandatory and need to be completed (even with maximum credits being applied).
Excellent. After completing the self-study courses & practicum 101-207 you’re ready for the Advanced Specialist Practicum II Live Classes:
- PRAC2-OMBA – Organ-Mind-Brain Anatomy, Auto-Immune, Cancer, Behaviors (3-Months | 12 Live Classes)
- PRAC2-PROT – Lifestyle Medicine and Advanced Root-Cause Health Coaching Protocols (3-Months | 12 Live Classes)
If you believe you’re ready to attend the live classes before you’ve completing the courses 101-207 send us a short email with the proposed Practicum ID, date and a reason why you believe you’re ready.
Now we’re talking. 👍 The majority of course work is done.
What’s remaining are some elective courses and your Master’s Research Capstone project (to achieve a total of 240 ECTS points).
- 301 MA-OMBAN3 Organ-Mind-Brain Anatomy III (Master’s)
- 302 MA-MICROB Microbiome, Microbes & Immunity
- 303 MA-LIMED3 Lifestyle Medicine III: Remedies & Protocols ❤
- 304 MA-PRACT3 Master’s Health Coaching Practicum III
- 305 MA-RESEAR Research Methodologies
- 306 MA-CAPSTO Master’s Thesis Capstone Project
Please schedule an M.A. Review to discuss your elective courses, Master’s Research & Capstone paper.
At this point we suggest to submit your M.A. Capstone Research Topic now:
- Your proposed M.A. research topic
- 3 topics possible which we’ll help you refine
- Be specific. 200 words max.
LPU faculty and mentors will always be available for you if questions arise.
- Before you ponder and “torture your mind” we suggest to send us an email or post in the study group. In most cases we can provide guidance and help you move forward quickly.
- Your Master’s Pre-Study & Practicum will be supported by our LPU Faculty, Live Class Teachers and Mentors.
- Our dissertation committee chair Professor Catherine Alter Ph.D. will coach and guide you throughout the research and capstone thesis writing process.
Catherine’s bio includes: 40 year academic career; Director of the Iowa School of Social Work (16 years); Dean and Professor of the Graduate School of Social Work, University of Denver (11 years); editorial Board Member, Consulting Editor, and Reviewer for nine academic journals; published 4 books, 10 chapters and over 40 peer reviewed academic journal articles.
Check each course lesson for text books or study instructions.