This course is designed for students of all fitness levels, and provides an introduction to the study of fitness and wellness, as well as their relationship to a healthy lifestyle. Students assess their own lifestyle and are motivated to incorporate physical fitness and wellness principles into daily living.
Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
This course includes text book self-study, assignments, discussion group engagement and the final exam. See the course curriculum with modules, lessons and topics in the sidebar.
The content, assignments, and assessments for Lifetime Fitness and Wellness are aligned to the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the physiological benefits of movement, physical activity and wellness;
- Define principles involved in increasing and maintaining physical fitness;
- Evaluate and apply fitness and wellness concepts to individual lifestyle;
- Participate in movement and wellness activities;
- Design, implement, and evaluate personal wellness and fitness programs.
This course was developed by faculty at the Extended Learning Institute of Northern Virginia Community College and has been provided by Lumen Learning with license: CC BY: Attribution.
By completing this course you will earn 5 ECTS study credits which you can be applied towards your M.A. Degree.
Accreditations & Certificates
A course certificate of attendance will be provided.
This course is open for all Integrated Master’s Degree students.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Contact us for a detailed overview of the course tuition including potential credits, financial aid and sponsorship options. [/vc_column_text]