Research shows that up to 80% of non-communicable, chronic health issues like diabetes, heart disease, obesity, cancer, depression, anxiety can be reversed through comprehensive Lifestyle Medicine protocols. Based upon proven results in numerous scientific studies and journal articles, the following conditions will almost certainly show improvement:
- Cardiovascular disease, hypertension
- Obesity, pre-diabetes and diabetes
- Early prostate cancer, gall and kidney stones
- Endometriosis, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus
- Ulcerative colitis, crohn’s disease
- Depression and anxiety
In this course you’ll learn the newest research related to Lifestyle Medicine and Health Coaching and how this will shape health care and your work with clients.
In a series of randomized controlled trials published in leading peer-reviewed journals Dean Ornish MD and other researchers have demonstrated that changing lifestyle changes our genes – turning on protective genes and turning off genes that promote inflammation, oxidative stress, and oncogenes that promote prostate cancer, breast cancer, and colon cancer—over 500 genes in only 3 months.
In addition, these lifestyle changes help stop and reverse a majority of chronic symptoms, lengthen telomeres, the ends of our chromosomes that regulate aging, thereby beginning to reverse aging at a cellular level.
In this first module students will learn from our world-renowned guest speakers covering a variety of topics:
- Dean Ornish MD – The 4 Pillars of Lifestyle Medicine and Prevention
- Caldwell Esselstyn MD – Diabetes, Heart Disease, Obesity, ALL GONE!
- David Katz KATZ MD – Food as Medicine – The Scientific Consensus
- Mimi Guarneri MD – Root-causes and Healing Strategies for Heart Disease
- Neal Barnard MD – The Benefits of a Vegetarian Diet
- Bernie Siegel MD – Lifestyle Medicine for Children and Youth
- Ocean Robbins – Why we need a Food Revolution now
- JJ Virgin – The 5 Foods you need to avoid
- David Asprey – How to be Bulletproof and Head Strong
- Sayer Ji – Lifestyle and Natural Health Research
- Dr. Friedemann Schaub – Solutions for Fear and Anxiety Disorders
- Dr. Alan Christianson – Reversing Thyroid and Adrenal Fatigue
- Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo – Foods that reduce Belly Fat and balance Blood Sugar
- Dawson Church PhD – Emotions – the Missing Link in Weight Loss
- Ty Bollinger – The Truth about Cancer and Vaccines
- Dr. Sherri Tenpenny – Breast Health and Prevention with Thermography
- Dr. Stephane Provencher – Holistic Child Health Care Is Possible!
In this module students will study two of the foundational books that define the research and application of Lifestyle Medicine in a variety of health care settings:
- Dr. Dean & Anne Ornish: Undo It!: How Simple Lifestyle Changes Can Reverse Most Chronic Diseases.
- Lifestyle Medicine Handbook: An Introduction to the Power of Healthy Habits. In collaboration with American College of Lifestyle Medicine
After completion of this course students will have a clear understanding of the newest science in lifestyle medicine with a functional overview of the key lifestyle medicine protocols known to help reverse a majority of chronic symptoms.
Accreditations & Certificates
A certificate of attendance will be provided.
By completing this course students will earn 6 ECTS study credits which can be applied towards the Integrated Master’s Degree Program.
This course can be accessed by Master’s Degree students.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Apply here to request tuition details including education and life experience credits, financial aid and sponsorship options.
Check each course lesson for text books or study instructions.