Biology for Non-Majors I introduces students to the basics of the scientific process, the chemical foundations of life, cell structure and function, photosynthesis, cellular respiration, genetics and inheritance, and evolution. Designed for non-life science majors, this course is the first in a two-part series that completes a survey of biological principles.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to: The following list shows a summary of the topics covered in this course.
Course content and outcomes include:
- Course Overview
- Module 1: Introduction to Biology
- Module 2: Chemistry of Life
- Module 3: Important Biological Macromolecules
- Module 4: Equations and Inequalities
- Module 5: Cell Membranes
- Module 6: Metabolic Pathways
- Module 7: Cell Division
- Module 8: DNA Structure and Replication
- Module 9: DNA Transcription and Translation
- Module 10: Gene Expression
- Module 11: Trait Inheritance
- Module 12: Theory of Evolution
- Module 13: Modern Biology
The content, assignments, assessments and exams have been designed to achieve the course learning outcomes.
This course has been provided by Lumen Learning. License: CC BY: Attribution.
By completing this course you will earn 6 study credits which you can be applied towards your B.A. Degree.
Accreditations & Certificates
A course certificate of attendance will be provided.
This course is open to all LPU Bachelor’s Degree students.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Contact us for a detailed overview of the course tuition including potential credits, financial aid and sponsorship options.